Friday, August 2, 2013

Keith Haring in Paris

I love street art, this is already a very well known fact.  So, when I found out Keith Haring had an exhibition in Paris, I was thrilled and it became a "must-do" while in Paris.  If you're not familiar with his work, see the imagery below.  He was very involved in statements of political, religious and sexual freedom.  The awareness that he created through his art was immeasurable and the Musee d'Art Modern was housing his biggest exhibit to date.... over 250 pieces.

Keith Haring - The Political Line Exhibit

Its amazing that Parisians let you take photos of everything!













An entire canvas of Penis'
Keith Haring was actually arrested for creating this piece.  But the mural remains as an icon leading into Brooklyn.

Crack is Whack, suckas.







There were sooooo many penis' in this exhibit, it was almost comical.  Keith Waring was gay and a huge advocate for safe sex and a pioneer toward the progression of the equality movement, which 15 years after his death is still in its infancy.








diarrhea cha cha cha??




This was my favorite, although unfinished


After Keith Haring, I ventured through the rest of the museum as well.  I found this lovely mural that spanned an entire room.  It was painted by Claire Bartoli, I think it was called La Fee Electicite de Raoul Dufy...but, I don't speak French, so I'm not sure what that says :)





No comments:

Post a Comment